Cut freshly washed sweet potatoes (or yams) into halves, then half again and keep cutting into strips. Drop into a bowl full of water. Once finished, add a little sea salt and allow to set. covered with water. for 20 - 30 minutes. (This is kind of an important secret to making these turn out amazing)
- Remove fries from water bath and blot dry with a clean dry cloth.
- Pour olive oil onto a cookie sheet and toss potato strips around in the oil to make sure each fry is coated
- Sprinkle liberally with sea salt
- Sprinkle with chipotle powder (sparingly, unless you really like a kick)
- Bake 350F (or 175C) for 35-45 minutes
- Remove from heat
- Add Brewers yeast (optional-but full of nutrients and adds a cheesy flavor)